DR DANIEL FUNG
DANIEL A FUNG, MD
Dr. Daniel Fung MD is the Research Director of Orthopedic Pain Specialists. He is double board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (also known as Physiatry) and Interventional Pain Medicine. He specializes in non-surgical care for musculoskeletal, spinal and pain disorders.
Dr. Fung began his studies at the University of California, Berkeley where he graduated with a major in Biochemistry and minor in Business Administration. He then went on to earn his medical degree at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia. Dr. Fung completed his surgical internship at UCSD, residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at UCLA, and fellowship training in Pain Medicine at the University of Southern California.
In his spare time, Dr. Fung is a competitive age group endurance athlete. Yearly he competes in multiple Ironman and half Ironman distance triathlon races, marathons and open water swimming events. He has run the Boston Marathon, is the 192nd person in history to swim across the 21 mile Catalina Channel, Completed the 28.5 mile Manhattan Island Marathon Swim, and most recently Swam the English Channel in 15 hours, 11 minutes, completing the “Triple Crown” of world marathon swimming.
Dr Fung is an “In Network” provider for most insurance providers.
- Undergraduate – University of California, Berkeley CA
- Medical School – Drexel University College of Medicine
- Surgical Internship – University of California San Diego
- Residency – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of California Los Angeles
- Fellowship – Pain Medicine, University of Southern California
- Interventional Spine and Pain procedures including joint and soft tissue injections
- Epidural injections, Radiofrequency Ablation, nerve blocks, Intradiscal treatments
- Neuromodulation, and Intrathecal drug delivery
- Electrodiagnostic studies
- Intraoperative neurophysiologic monitoring